Senior Center Without Walls is largely a volunteer driven program with over 90 volunteers, many of them older adults. We are grateful to our caring team of volunteers!
We are looking for volunteers for the following roles:
We need you! Yes, YOU! Join our team of facilitators sharing their skills, interests, and expertise in a variety of topics.
What’s so great about facilitating a group for SCWW?
- You set the schedule. You choose to lead a weekly or bi-weekly or monthly group or just do a one-time presentation.
- Since all of our activities are over the phone or Internet, you lead the group from the comfort of your home or office.
- It’s creative and flexible. Create stimulating content based on your passions!
- Your volunteer work matters, it makes a difference. You will join an amazing community of older adults and staff while helping reduce isolation through social connection.
We are open to any creative idea (truly, give us a call about your idea). We have received requests for the following topics:
- Groups in languages other than English
- Travel (one-time presentations)
- Religious studies
- Educational (ex: history, science)
- LGBT support
Do you enjoy Senior Center Without Walls? Do you feel passionate about creating community for older adults? Be a local Senior Center Without Walls champion to recruit new participants in your area (anywhere in the U.S.!). Introduce the program, provide technical assistance as needed, and offer reminder and follow up support to your neighbors.